Discharge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge question

I can't get a straight answer from my atty on this...

Originally I filed on a 60 month, 32% plan in Feb. 2011 Plan base was ~61K.

After proofs of claim were filed, there were only 39K in claims, and I am now about to make payment # 28 - 30.5K has been paid in to the plan. (including tax refunds)

According to my calculations, in about 10 months there will be no more creditors to pay.

What happens then? Am I stuck paying the trustee, who then pays no one, for the remainder of the 60 month term? Or can I be discharged?

Thanks.

Maybe the % goes up and you just pay more? Good luck!
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

If you pay 100% of the allowed unsecured claims, you may need to modify your Plan to show that you have completed the plan requirements.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
        Maybe the % goes up and you just pay more? Good luck!
        Actually, after the deadline for proof of claim, the % went up to 100. So the 39K is at 100% for unsecured.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          If you pay 100% of the allowed unsecured claims, you may need to modify your Plan to show that you have completed the plan requirements.
          And while the trustee drags that out, everything goes in the category of "Debtor Refund"?

Comment

Originally posted by kmjatl View Post
            And while the trustee drags that out, everything goes in the category of "Debtor Refund"?
            Yes, it would be a refund. I'm more worried about the processes and procedures in your particular District. In some Districts, the debtor's attorney must do certain things, such as motion for discharge, motion to vacate wage orders, and other procedural things. I just want you make sure that you stay on top of this. There is nothing worse than having the Trustee continue collecting from your employer for 3 months after your plan payments should have stopped (been there, done that).
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
              Yes, it would be a refund. I'm more worried about the processes and procedures in your particular District. In some Districts, the debtor's attorney must do certain things, such as motion for discharge, motion to vacate wage orders, and other procedural things. I just want you make sure that you stay on top of this. There is nothing worse than having the Trustee continue collecting from your employer for 3 months after your plan payments should have stopped (been there, done that).
              Oh I'm on top of it. Even trying to figure out hoq to slip some extra $ in there....

Comment

We're both in GA and might join the discharge club at the same time . My plan was at "32%" as well. I have 10 more payments to the 60 month mark. I'll hit the 32% mark in 5 months, but since I'm less than 100%, I'll have to keep paying until the 60 month mark. Whoo-hoo!
                March 2009 - Filed Ch 13 April 2009 - 341 Meeting
                Sept 2009 - Confirmed April 2014 Plan completed May 2014 - Discharged!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X