top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Discharged, let's hampster dance :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Discharged, let's hampster dance :-)

I filed way back in September of 07, so this might be close to a record for longest Chapter 13 ever, but today finally got the document I've been waiting for that says:

IT IS ORDERED: The debtor(s) are granted a discharge under section 1328(a) of title 11, United States Code, (the Bankruptcy Code). Dated 7/15/13

Woo-hoo! I am now one of the few, the proud, the completed Chapter 13 club! Happy, happy days! I guess I need to change my login id to something like happyisme :-)
    Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
    Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Congrats!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Woeisme is WOE no MO'!! YEA!!! Here you go, and it is well deserved:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Wonderful

Comment

Super duper extra SUPER Congratulations!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Awsome job!!!
            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

congratulations!!!!

can you remind me why it took so crazy long?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I have a lot of respect for anyone who finishes a chapter 13. Congratulations.
                Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks everyone. This site has been so great and such a source of support and info through this long process.

Mine took so long I think because mid-stream my husband became disabled, which led to a 3-month suspension of payments while everything got sorted out with his new much lower disability pay, and when the new payment plan was approved it changed our base from 70% payback to 40%, but somehow by the end of the 60 months (never missed a payment except the 3 that the trustee/judge approved) we still owed a little over $2000 to get to 40% of our debts (still haven't figured out what went wrong there, other than just a miscalculation on my lawyers part and an increase in the trustee's cut when they upped their rate) so the trustee gave us a choice to pay the $2000 as a lump sum or to continue with the $400/month payments until it got paid off, which is what we chose to do. Then it went 3 months past that while waiting for the trustee to stop the wage order (we got the overpaid amount back) and then another couple of months for them to do the final paperwork to get it discharged. Thus the 70-month Chapter 13!

At least the good news is that it will be off our credit reports in just 14 months :-) I'd really like to refinance our house since our mortgage is much higher than the going rate, although we need to do some credit repair first. Just so happy to be done!
                    Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
                    Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

Congrats. Wish you well.
                      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

You worked very gard and did great job!!
                        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X