some items on credit report dont say in ch13 others do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some items on credit report dont say in ch13 others do

First I'll give a little background. I waited several years to file chapter 13 (which was dumb move) but over those years the creditors wrote them off transferred or sold etc.
    When I filed my chapter 13 I put the original creditor and the collection agencies that bought the debts on the bankruptcy and they were all notified.
    My question is when I check my credit reports some say in chapter 13 and others don't say it. I checked all my paper work and the debts are in the chapter 13 should I dispute those debts or will it change when discharged? I filled about 2.5 years ago. I would appreciate any info people have.

You can dispute them and if they are debts that you had prior to filing, then they should change them.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I had a collections account that was only $107 that was included in my bankruptcy. I contacted trans-union and it's now gone from my report. My credit score immediately went up 20 points. I know they take things off when they are investigating things so I'm wondering if it will come back on and say "included in bankruptcy" and my score will go down again when they do that.
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        You can dispute them and if they are debts that you had prior to filing, then they should change them.
        x2

Had one that showed up on my TransUnion report with BoA. I'm nearing completion on my 13 and wanted a "clean" bill of health prior to discharge. Disputed it and is now showing as part of bankruptcy with $0 balance, which was my primary concern.
        Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X