top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So....does this mean what I hope it means?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So....does this mean what I hope it means?

So I was checking 13network this morning and where it says Case Status it now says Case Closed 7/31/2013! Does What are the next steps to get to the discharge phase?

Thanks everyone for your help over the years! I haven't always been a big poster on the forum but I learned so much by being a big stalker!

That's a good sign. Check Pacer to find out for certain the status of your case.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Awsome!
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

This is a frequently mentioned topic on the BK Forum among Chapter 13 debtors. It is important to realize that the "case closed" status you see at the 13datacenter means that the trustee considers your case closed. That means that the debtor has fulfilled all of the obligations outlined in the Chapter 13 Confirmation document, whatever they may be - most especially, that all of the scheduled payments have been made.

After all of the disbursements have been made and accounted for, the trustee will submit a final report to the BK court recommending discharge. The discharge will follow the final report after audit of the report and the BK court is satisfied that all of the requirements for discharge have been made.

Your actual "case closed", as far as the BK court is concerned, will occur approximately one month AFTER the actual discharge has been granted. At that point, and only at that point, are you as the debtor entirely free of encumbrance with respect to discharged debts.

Comment

Congrats ccgirl. Great news.
          11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X