Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Exactly Related to my 13............Move if you want

Its 4:15am, have been up since 1.......
    In the midst of all my worrying over being behind on my mortgage payments, having a motion for relief of stay coming up on it in two weeks, thinking its going to be ok because we are just going to add the back payments into our 13..........
    All of this started because of my DH having a stroke almost 6 years ago.....now here lately, he has been having choking episodes - been to neuro, had EEG, had barium swallow.....at 10 this morning he goes to the ENT......but I saw on my insurance website what we think the problem is going to be....
    the ICD code shows that he now has partial complex epilepsy...............
    I haven't said anything to him, but I certainly don't want to wait until we see the neuro in Sept. I am going to ask the ENT to explain it to me in simple English.....
    Then I know what the next step will be - I will have to tell my formerly independent HEman that he probably wont be able to drive anymore....
    He has had everything taken from him - his memory, his language, his job, his savings, his retirement, and if I cant get this straight, his home............
    His driving to bowl or the grocery store is his last act of independence.......
    And I cant even cry over it because I have an autoimmune condition that doesn't let me produce tears!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{mdl}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}!!! and i'm not the touchie type. but you have surely been through it. i not only feel for you, i understand more than i would like to. there is NOTHING worse than watching your love ones go through such a terrible transformation. it certainly makes the financial problems seem as though they should be on the back burner. but, dealing with them both at the same time, all i can say is keep your strength up and keep the prayers going. i will be saying special prayers for you.

keep venting! and keep a close support system for yourself. i know it's hard to realize this, but it will get better, i'm sure it will not be easy, wish i can say it will. what many do not understand besides going through all this is usually all your "spare" time is spent going to this doctor or that. this week for us it was 5 days straight and one day had two in one day. after months and months which turn into years it begins to take it toll, but you have to keep pushing and finding that strength, it's so hard to carry the burden of this all on your shoulders.

you will be in my prayers and it will be ok, get some rest, the sun brings renewal for your soul.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Awwwwww mdl, I am sorry. Life seems to pile up on folks sometimes and it just doesn't seem fair.

Hubby should be able to drive if he has been seizure-free for 6 months to a year with his doc's blessing. They may put him on anti-seizure meds. Hopefully it will be something simple like that.

Do you have Sjögren's syndrome? I do. My mouth and eyes are always so dry... it sucks.

Please do remember you need to take care of yourself, too. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

My prayers are with you mdl. That is a tough burden to have to carry. Like others have said, keep a support system in place and remember to also take care of yourself.

Comment

I hope everything works out for you mdl. I will send prayers your way.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles we are hear anyting you want to vent . Please surround your self with caring friends

Comment

I am so sorry - it sounds like you are dealing with so much at once! I have laid awake at night worrying about finances, and that in itself is enough stress. I can't imagine having to deal with all those other burdens you have.

My Mother-in-law had epilepsy and would have grand mal seizures. She would take her medication every day and drove for years. So as difficult as it is, try not to stress too much about that until you talk to the doctor.

Big hugs to you!!!

Comment

keeping you in my thoughts...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X