Ch. 13 Authorized User Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TooMuchCredit View Post
    An authorized user is not responsible for the debt or payment. You can request the bureau (s) remove accounts that show as an authorized user from your report.
    I was for sure being sued for having supposedly purchased this software package--which I did not!--simply because 'Hub used MY AU card with MY name.

Please explain that. Thanks!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
      I was for sure being sued for having supposedly purchased this software package--which I did not!--simply because 'Hub used MY AU card with MY name.

Please explain that. Thanks!
      Just because they sued you, does not mean they would have gotten a judgement against you if you defended the suit.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Question:

I've gone back through your limited posts and have to ask: Why are you filing CH. 13 vs. 7? I believe you stated you're below median and that you wanted to keep your house. You can keep your house in a CH. 7..its called a retain and pay (or stay and pay), but not reaffirm. As to being below median, did you have alot of DMI after your schedules were done?

Comment

It's because I have several items that I want to/have to keep and they are paid for that total more than my exemption allowed plus the house which now has equity back in it after a modification that's been going on for awhile. I mean it would be close. They wouldn't screw with the house I don't think but they might grab some of my stuff. I wrestled big time with the decision and my lawyer said in his opinion the trustee would definitely come after a specific item or two with an appraiser and check it out, in my situation. I don't know, maybe attorney guy was just trying to upsell me on a 13. I just had to make a decision. I don't know, I was close to going with a 7 and then if they decided to sell the house or grab my stuff converting to 7.

Thanks for the reply.
          Last edited by juliusrosen; 08-23-2013, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
            Just because they sued you, does not mean they would have gotten a judgement against you if you defended the suit.
            We DID defend it. They did not get a judgment. It never went to trial. This is one of the serial frivolous lawsuits that our Enemy filed against us. But it cost us 100k or more to bring it to a stalemate. That is one of the major reasons we had to file BK.
            Last edited by AngelinaCat; 08-23-2013, 11:46 AM.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X