Need an answer to this question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need an answer to this question.

My case was discharged about 2 months ago but it has not closed yet. I was offered a very good paying job this afternoon and need to accept or decline by tomorrow. My question is would there be a possibility of trustee wanting to put me back into the plan to pay more to creditors if he found out I was making ALOT more money now than I was before. Or am I just being afraid of nothing? Once a case it discharged but not closed can a person do what they want??

I am a Ch7 person, so am not familiar with all of the ramifications of a Ch13, but if it were me, I would accept the position, and then let the chips fall where they may. My feeling is that in this economy, one can rarely afford to turn down a good-paying position.

Good luck to you and congratulation on the offer. Please keep us posted.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I would bet u have met the requirements of your bk and the trustee couldnt care less what your finances are now. I am no expert and nothing would surprise me though! Take the job!!
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

The Trustee could not do that. If your case is discharged, that means that you have completed your Plan of Reorganization (the "payback" part). The closing is administrative and just to ensure that all the accounting is accurate and all the checks paid are cleared.

Accept the job. You deserve it!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks Justbroke. You have eased my mind. I am going to take the job.
          Last edited by angel7821; 08-22-2013, 04:03 PM. Reason: changed wording

Comment

Good for you!
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X