Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying mtg and second mtg while in a 13

Hi,
    Recently filed 13 and don't have all the details yet.
    I was told that under 13 won't recieve monthly statements from our 1st and 2nd mtg co? (All our debts unsecured which are being paid back in 13).
    I feel it's going to be very awkward not knowing what the monthly payments will be and if they go up or down? Paid for nearly 20 years using statements and afraid this might throw us a curve and cause us to be late or pay wrong amount (if insurance taxes escrow go up or down). Would prefer continue to pay mtg by check as I am paid bi weekly (26 times a year not every other week). Sometimes we pay several days earlier sometimes don't have funds until payday therefore reaches them after official due date(original mtg clause gives us 15 days). Never ever been consdidered or recorded as late in all years with a mortgage.

I'm on edge as 1st mtg was transferred to green tree and have heard horror stories.

2nd is variable and auto withdraw same day of every month...but payment amount varies.

Also on same note ...would that 15 day grace period be null and void somehow while under 13?

I have a meeting with atty before the 341 and will ask but would love some insight.

Thanks

The BK does not change the terms of the loan, including the grace period.

Many lenders continue to send "informational" statements during a Chap 13. Bank of America never missed sending me a statement. Call Green Tree and ask about their policy. You also need to call the holder of the 2nd mortgage. They may stop the auto withdrawal. So, you need to figure out how to insure that payment gets made.

I'm concerned by your comment that you "don't have all the details yet." If there is anything you don't know about your plan, call your attorney and find out. You should have known all the details when you signed the petition. Do you know how much your plan payment is and where and when to send it?
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X