Can't get a hold of my attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get a hold of my attorney

I will be making my last payment in a week, and I have been trying to get in contact with my attorney for the past 3 days via email and voice messages, but I haven't heard back from him. If for any reason I cannot get in contact with him, what can I do? I want to be able to file all the necessary paperwork on time and finish my chapter 13.

I had that same problem at the end of my plan. Found out my attorney had gone out of business and did not tell me. I contacted my trustee and he sent me the forms I needed and walked me thru the discharge process. If you can't get ahold of your attorney hopefully your trustee will do the same for you. Good luck!

Comment

Best thing to do is go to the attorney's office in person and sit there until you get some attention.

Comment

Have you tried to contact somebody else in his office?
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

The problem is that he does not work for a law firm. He has a small office, but no one is ever there. I've been emailing him and leaving him voice messages, but he does not reply. I am worried!!

Comment

Sounds very similar to the type of attorney I had. Worked by himself in a tiny office. Just a desk and a couple chairs were in there. I would go ahead and contact your trustee and let him know you are probably on your own to finish up your plan. Hopefully he or she is a decent trustee and will help you out on what you need to do. You read a lot on this forum about attorneys no where to be found at the end of a debtors plan.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X