Convert a 13 to a 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert a 13 to a 7

I am in month 48 of a 60 month plan. I was a 13 because a couldn't pass the means test for Chap 7, I work for the government. I have already had two weeks off without pay and if I am laid off on Tuesday due to Congress I am screwed. All my savings has been spent on car repairs this summer. How difficult would it be if I am furloughed for any length if time to convert to a 7? What is the process? I am extremely worried.
    Filed 9/14/09
    Confirmed 12/11/09

The process would be a forebearance period and not an automatic conversion to Chapter 7. Your income apparently requires you to repay at least something to unsecured creditors. Typically, when income is interrupted and you are in a Chapter 13, you would just have the payments reduced over several months before you could convert ot Chapter 7. The income change would need to be permanent, not just a few week's furlough.

If you are not in a 0% plan and have income problems, as in you make less than what's on your original Means Test (Form B22-C and Schedules I/J), then you should have your plan modified.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X