A little nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little nervous

The trustee takes my tax refund. Last year there was a bunch bunch of circumstances so I could not make adjustments correctly, I had new tax laws, FSA child care ended, etc. This year my boss helped me and I think I will be breaking even, like my atty told me to try to do. I did not get a raise (nothing) so that hasn't changed.

I am wondering if the trustee will adjust my payment?

Also, hasn't it been so quiet on the forums lately that it makes you think BKs has slowed down and that trustee's might have more time on their hands to audit/monitor existing cases? Paranoid much. ;-)

Thank and I think I can afford a few bucks increase but I hope I don't get hammered!!!!

I won't file until the last minute!
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

It sounds like you followed your attorney's advice. So, I wouldn't worry too much.

Even if your payment increased, I would think the most it would be is the amount by which your withholding decreased.

Yes, it has been rather quiet here lately and I think BK filings have slowed down. But, I suspect that the trustees would spend more time on new cases than existing cases.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

The trustee for my case does take the refunds, but the amounts have been all over the place. I always send him any refund, but this last years federal went toward a tax balance from the first year after I filed my 13. Trustee has not said anything. I could only agree that you should make the adjustments as directed and don't worry about it.

It has been quiet, and lets hope for good reasons.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Thanks so much! ;-)
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X