Almost done with Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost done with Questions

I have a question, and I apologize if it has been asked before. I have 2 payments left after a long 5 years!! I just pulled up my case file and I noticed all my secured claims have been paid in full, so now they are distributing the remainder to my unsecured claims. I noticed that a private student loan is due to get a small amount (around $75). I continued to pay this loan during the 5 years and actually paid it in full about 2 years ago. Is the trustee going to see this before he sends them the payments? Dealing with this company, I know they are not going to be quick to return anything that they are paid even if they are not owed anything.
    Filed: 3/04/2009
    341 Meeting: 4/20/2009 Confirmed: 5/15/09
    $25,000 Unsecured Debt/$11,500 Secured Claims
    $214/month for 60 months 0% Plan

The Trustee just pays all claims on the register. So long as the creditor (student loan) does not return the check to the Trustee, the Trustee has fulfilled their obligations. You would then need to pursue the creditor for the overpayment.

Congratulations on reaching the end of your Chapter 13. It is a noteworthy achievement!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X