Car Purchase Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Purchase Update

I wanted to post a quick update on the long drawn out and frustrated process I just went thru to replace my wife's expired lease. After $1000 in attorney fees (had to file 2 times to incur new debt at $500 each time they went to court). This was added to our monthly payments. We purchased a 2012 Nissan Murano from Enterprise and financed by First Investors Financial Services at 9.9APR. Now I have 1 more lease which I will need to replace during summer. At least now I'm more educated in what I need to do at that time.

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad it worked out. If you don't mind me asking, did the dealer require you to pay full asking price for the vehicle, and did you compare that to what it normally would sell for?

Curious, as I've heard stories where dealer "credit building" programs require full pop sticker price on used cars, which is usually thousands above market.

Comment

Enterprise has a no haggle pricing so we ended up paying less than KBB value. With what we paid, we could have purchased a new car but the real problem was we could not get a single new car dealer to get financing for us. Only a Honda dealer thru Santander and they wanted 24% APR which got us sick to our stomach. All we paid was price of car, state tax, $200 for registration and $139 processing few. Nothing else. Actually we did purchase a 3 yr extended warranty since it's a used car and we still have 3 more years on our BK.

Comment

I am impressed that you were able to get such good financing while in a Chapter 13.. I always thought that it would be impossible to get a decent interest rate.

Can I ask what your credit score is?

Congrats!

Comment

This was a joint app with my wife as primary and me as co signer. My wife score is 620 and me is 550. We couldn't believe it either when they told us the rate.

Comment

Thanks for replying! Again so happy for you! we only have 3 months left on our plan! We will probably try to buy a car in 2015, so your post gives me some hope for a decent interest rate!

Comment

That's a fantastic rate, given your credit scores! Did you find the car online, prior to going to purchase it? Did Enterprise submit the loan application for you?

Comment

Well, it was a pretty long process which we were not used to since we had been leasing new cars the last 10 years. Anyhow, they got the financing for us and had given us a sales order which my attorney used to submit for court approval. That took almost 60 days for it all to happen. Enterprise does have a website and you can have cars delivered to your local enterprise sales location. All for a fee depending on distance. We ran out of time as it took very long to get the court date and approval so we pretty much picked something from one of their local site.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X