BK Attorney Shopping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
    You can always go on a court website and check out the dockets for the judges and see who is the most commonly used atty. You will get a good list to choose from there.
    In my district, you can't see the dockets online.

You could search by attorney in pacer but I imagine that would get very expensive.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Jmac, that is an awesome idea. Are the bankruptcy courts open to anyone to watch?

Comment

The one in california i was in sure was....I was there about 5 hours waiting and noticed right away which guys were doing many cases and the lawyers who just showed up didnt even know anything about thier clients case, which seemed to piss of the trustee very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Malazan View Post
          Jmac, that is an awesome idea. Are the bankruptcy courts open to anyone to watch?
          The 341 meetings are. Look on your district's website and see if you can find your trustee's schedule. Typically every trustee has one day a week, or every other week.

As mentioned in another post, sometimes the only way to determine the schedule is via PACER. However, once you file, and you get your schedule through the snail mail, find the location and day of the week. Plan to go that same day, a week or so ahead of your scheduled 341 and observe. There is nothing wrong with that.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X