No announcement yet.

Patiently waiting for discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My case was declared to be CLOSED in August of 2013. But, the payments did not stop until December, just because the system here in Western Pennsylvania is overwhelmed by the number of cases. I was surprised but I actually got all my overpayments refunded. Even my attorney was surprised! But, because I was a faithful payer and did not object to the mortgage company asking for in increase in my payments due to escrow account issues (the court did increase my monthly fee to make up for the shortfall it would cause to the unsecured creditors), I was refunded the money. In the end, the unsecured creditors got almost 60% repaid.

The discharge petition was filed in September, but I did not receive my discharge until Feb 18, 2014. There was an objection by the mortgage company, but it turned out to be a bookkeeping mistake on their part. So, from case closed to discharge... almost SIX MONTHS. But it's over now... and I feel great!

Comment

Congrats! I would be a hot mess if it took 6 months to close out our case. I'd probably be on here whining constantly! Bankruptcy does something to you. I don't ever want to answer to anyone ever again. And to just think this all started almost 5 years ago because my employer cut my hours back. What a snowball effect!

Comment

My last payment was Aug. I'm still waiting. The objection for discharge went out and you had till 23. No updates yet. Very stressful wait. I'm nervous I didn't think it would take this long.

Comment

Update: Well our awesome lawyer emailed me today with an attachment of the certificate of completion that we need to sign and send back. Looks like the next step is for him to send it in to the Trustee so they can start the final order. He says that his best guess is that we should receive discharge in about a month! YAY! YAY! YAY! The fact that he is so on top of everything has just made this whole process so much less stressful. Our 3 year anniversary of filing was March 9th so he is right on schedule. Now the waiting game starts. We have no domestic support obligations so I am hoping that the next month is uneventful if you know what I mean. I'm so excited my heart could just burst out of my chest. I'm nervous, freaked out, sweaty palmed and excited all at the same time. So many emotions!!!!

Comment

Sounds like your falling in love?
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
              Sounds like your falling in love?
              LOL! In love with being debt free!
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                You took the words right out of my mouth!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                  I would be in love too!!! Congrats!
                  Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X