Confirmation Hearing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation Hearing question

Filed BK13 November/341 December/NDC lists Petition filed 1-7 and PACER shows notice of hearing 2-5 which appears to be Confirmation hearing.Shouldnt I have received a notice in the mail??Im in Iowa if that makes a difference.Freaking out a little as 1st week of January received notice trustee was objecting because my lawyer hadn't filed a form that was questioned during the 341 meeting-when I called his office was told it was taken cared of.....

In most jurisdictions the Chapter 13 debtor is not required to attend the confirmation hearing (unless the debtor is Pro Se or there the final confirmation hearing is an "evidentiary" hearing to address some issue). If you have having communication issues with your attorney, then you will need to initiate the communications.

Here's a helpful hint. If you want to be electronically notified of any paper that is served upon you from PACER, then sign up for the Electronic Bankruptcy Noticing http://ebn.uscourts.gov/. If you put in your case and exact address, as listed on your petition, you will get one FREE copy of every served paper. If you do sign up for EBN, then make sure you save that free copy to your computer so that you can recall it at anytime. (Otherwise, PACER will charge you $0.08/page for that item.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X