Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car loan -- reverse cram down

Hi everyone,

My car was recently paid off through our 13, but I will not receive the title until discharge because the interest rate was "crammed down" a whopping 0.5% through the 13. I've spent the better part of the last two months trying to pay the difference between the original loan amount and the crammed down interest rate so I can acquire the title to the vehicle. The difference is only $70 (my calculation), but each time I call the loan servicer I'm told they have to submit a request to the original loan creditor, and then wait three weeks for a reply with the amount. So far I've made that request twice, and I'm currently going into round three.

Any advice, or at least success stories from anyone who was able to get this done? I can't believe how difficult this is proving to be. My attorney did make the original calls to them to find out the procedure, but I'm on my own to actually get a response.

For anyone wondering why I'm bothering with this, I'm doing it now so any future trade of the car during the 13 doesn't result in a messy transaction.

Unfortunately, you need the buyout amount from them. The sad part is that in Chapter 13s, the auto lenders typically place the loans with Ascension Capital Group or a similar company to handle the servicing during the bankruptcy. It is messy just with the fact of the servicer in the middle. I had to work with Ascension when I converted to Chapter 7 (from my Chapter 13) and they were difficult, at first, to work with. I eventually redeemed the vehicle even though Ascension initially objected.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X