No announcement yet.

Got my discharge letter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!! I am so happy to see so many getting their discharge. Enjoy your new life and live it well.

Comment

Comment

Congrats!

Discharges happening all over! This is Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by plateump View Post
          And to everyone still waiting... you WILL get there as long as you keep your eyes on the goal. For every creditor, there are 1000 people praying for you and a support system at your beck and call... BELIEVE IT!
          Would you please stick around and help those coming after you? That is the very best ThankYou that this site likes best.

Thanks,
          AC
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I'm very happy for you..enjoy your new life..you deserve it
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congrats on your success.

Would you explain the complications with the mortgage?
              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Absolutely I will stick around

Comment

Spidge,

There were a couple of things.

One was that the paperwork when I filed had an incorrect amount for the payment. I had a 1st mortgage and a HELOC. The payments were very close, but not exactly equal, and the term on the HELOC was shorter since I had paid down most of it before filing. Well, the paperwork had the amounts switched! Yeah, it should not have happened, and I shoulda caught it before signing, but with all those numbers in front of me, I missed it. By the way, my hardships were the result of my business failing after 12 years with me owing to many creditors due to my guaranteeing business loans with my personal signature. Yeah, yeah... every business 'expert' out there tells you not to do it EVER... but you try running a small business today without it. I had over a dozen creditors after me. For my work, I had to travel quite a bit, all over North America and Europe.

The HELOC got a bigger payment than required, while the mortgage was short. By the third year, CHASE came-a-cryin'. The payments were corrected and Chase required that my payment be increased over time to make up for the shortfall. No problem. In the meantime, the HELOC (National City then PNC) payment was reduced and they objected. But the judge had no sympathy at the hearing... HA HA HA.

Once the discharge petition went around to the creditors, the only objection was from Chase. That was quickly cleared up after their doofus bookkeeping finally caught up with the payments I had sent in AFTER the wage garnishments stopped. So, the discharge in my case, was delayed a good 30-45 days. But in the end, it was a GO...and that's all that matters.

What I learned from all of this... no situation is hopeless as long you have a plan and see the goal at the end. Even with the potholes in the road, such as the mortgage mix-ups, the road I traveled got me to my destination. It really helps if you have a competent attorney and I had a great one. He was recommended to me by a friend of my brother (brother is also an attorney, but involved in IP, not bankruptcy).

For anyone thinking of filing, don't rush into it, consider your alternatives and do the research. It was at least six months before I "took the plunge". Yes, I had unsecured creditors hounding me and calling me. But they can do very little in forcing you to PAY UP NOW. Once you realize that, you can breathe again.

Comment

Congrats! Looking for mine soon in the mail. Last payment was August

Comment

Awesome to read all of your great news! Congrats on completing your plan!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X