Getting Credit while In Chap 13 to start rebuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Credit while In Chap 13 to start rebuilding

just curious, How do you get credit while in an active 13 to start rebuilding?

I moved your question to a new thread where it will get more answer than at the end of a thread on a different topic.

Some creditors will give credit to people while in a Chap 13. But, depending on what is allowed in your court and the terms of your plan, you may need trustee approval. So, ask your attorney first.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by helpsoneeded View Post
      just curious, How do you get credit while in an active 13 to start rebuilding?
      Navy, Cap One, Credit One - 4 cc's. I waited 3 years before applying.

Comment

Were you able to get these cards while in your chapter 13, or after your discharge? Your credit score must be really good!

Comment

You cannot open a line of unsecured credit while in an active chp 13, You will need to wait till discharge or have approval of the trustee, you can do a secured credit card most of the time. Do you have a car or house loan that wasn't put into the BK? These will build credit. We had two cars that the bank still reported for us.

We were allowed to keep open our lines of credit with zero balances also did you have any of these?

Comment

I was able to open a 500.00 unsecured card. That is my max allowed by trustee. It's wicked expensive but helping rebuild credit while still in. Www.creditone.com they already upped me to 700.00 but it will never get used ;-)
            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X