clarification on end date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clarification on end date

Hello, I need some help figuring out when my last payment will be due, these are the dates online that I can find, I don't really know what they mean,(trying to get ahold of my lawyer is difficult)
    Date Petition Filed 07/14/2010
    Date Plan Filed 07/14/2010
    First 341 Meeting Date 08/23/2010
    Date Case Confirmed 11/02/2010

I believe my first payment was 8/23/10 so does that mean my final payment will be 8/23/2015? Also I was told that in MI you end up paying more than 60 payments.

If you are in a 60 month plan, an over an over median filer and not in a 100% payback, you will go the entire 60 months.

If you are in a 100% payback plan the time ends when all creditors are paid in full. No more than 60 months.

Some states start the countdown from the confirmation date and not the actual filing date although the payments start immediately after filing.
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

OK as of now I believe we are paying 67% to unsecured debt so that is a full 60 months. Just wondering an about end date thus far.

Comment

Seems like I've read that MI is one of those states that the 60 month mark doesn't start until the plan is confirmed. Just finished mine and I made 61 payments in total. I did get some money back at the end of the plan and my mortgage was paid an extra month so it pretty much balanced out. After reading post after post over the years there are no hard and fast rules from one 13 to another. Consistency would make it too easy.
        Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

To answer your original question on the length of payments in Michigan...

According to the Model Plan for the Eastern District of Michigan, the plan commitment period is either 36 or 60 months from the ORDER CONFIRMING PLAN. During the pre-confirmation period, you are making what they call "adequate protection" payments only and not "plan" payments, so to speak. I think Michigan is the only State (and Districts) that counts from confirmation. In Florida, we count from the first plan payment made and we consider a plan payment as the first payment made to the Trustee after filing the case.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by BNKRPTinNC View Post
            Seems like I've read that MI is one of those states that the 60 month mark doesn't start until the plan is confirmed. Just finished mine and I made 61 payments in total. I did get some money back at the end of the plan and my mortgage was paid an extra month so it pretty much balanced out. After reading post after post over the years there are no hard and fast rules from one 13 to another. Consistency would make it too easy.
            Congrats on the discharge. Good to see people make it.

adargie, I hope all is well for you and clean sailing to the end.
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Thanks for the info, Ugh nothing like making an extra 3 payments!!

Comment

Originally posted by adargie View Post
                Thanks for the info, Ugh nothing like making an extra 3 payments!!
                After all that time the last three will be a breeze.
                11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X