Confused regarding Auto Loan making a Proof of Claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused regarding Auto Loan making a Proof of Claim

We filed chapter 13 last week. I noticed today when looking on PACER that one of our auto loan's (Ally) entered a proof of claim. We have been current with our auto loan and have never been late - we are 10 months into 60 month loan. It was my understanding the auto loan's would be paid outside of the BK. When I tried to log-on to my account on Ally to see what was going on my account no longer shows up. We also received today from Ally a notice of report of negative credit information today re: late payment, missed payment or other default on our account. I'm confused because we haven't been late or missed a payment. Is this common, what's going on? I e-mailed lawyer's paralegal but I imagine she's gone for the day. Figured one of you guys would know - thank you!

Your auto loan is part of your plan even if you are paying it directly. All creditors need to file proofs of claim in order to protect their interests.

It is very common for lenders to disable online access when you file BK. If that is how you were making payments, you will probably need to use a different payment method. Call Ally for the payment address. You may need to talk to their bankruptcy department.

Ally has probably reported that your account is included in bankruptcy, which is accurate.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Okay, thank you so much.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X