top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankruptcy being discharged and credit score dropped 61 points??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy being discharged and credit score dropped 61 points??

Hello! This is my first time posting here so I hope I'm putting it in the right place. We are in the process of being discharged from our Chapter 13 Bankruptcy and have been monitoring our credit for the last few months. My score has been going up and was at 649 and my husbands at 669 and today mine dropped to 588. I have two accounts that are included in the bankruptcy that are now showing a balance instead of 0. Has anyone had an experience like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

It's called rebucketing.

I keep hearing references about being rebucketed.  I cannot tell if this is a good thing or a bad thing, and what it is exactly. 

Basically, you've moved from a group that's still in bk to a group who have no bk's.

Comment

Hopefully, those tradelines were not only included in your bankruptcy (IIB), but they were actually scheduled. Scheduling is important for Chapter 13 cases since Chapter 13s are all asset cases. Double check everything and then dispute in writing! In the writing, include a copy of the discharge and a copy of Schedule F (if they are general unsecured creditors).

It may be rebucketing, but I think this problem is caused by a balance being reported more than the affects of rebucketing.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you for the info!

Comment

Carefully check your credit report. And continue to do so for the next few months.

A summary of what I found on mine:
          Accounts not listed as included in Bankruptcy, showing a balance.
          Accounts listed as included in bankruptcy using my discharge date as my filing date.
          Accounts where the creditor did not file a claim listed as a charge off (with a balance). One of these is becoming really difficult to remove.
          And the pisser......my car loan that was IIB, paid in full, title (and lien release) received, now reported as a charge off.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X