Separation and spousal loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separation and spousal loans

I filed 13 by myself although some of my spouse's debt was included (community property state) My spouse did not sign any papers. Now my spouse has expressed interest in separation, but would need a loan to make it happen. Can my spouse get a loan w/o going through the bk court? I do not see divorce in our future (perhaps I am in denial) and for sure not until the 13 is dismissed.

Just want to make sure I do not get in trouble or have difficulty because of something the spouse does and spouse doesn't want to cause any problems for me either.
    Last edited by frustrated51; 06-01-2014, 08:33 PM.
    Filed Chapter 13 on 3-31-10. 341 completed 5/20/10
    $2900+ a month 0% payback to unsecured creditors
    Discharged 6/30/2015

If your spouse is not a debtor in your Chapter 13, then your spouse can do what they need to do. The real issue is how would you pay for it?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It wouldn't be anything additional. We are paying $50-100 a month to a number of medical providers so consolidating that is what it would be used for.
      Filed Chapter 13 on 3-31-10. 341 completed 5/20/10
      $2900+ a month 0% payback to unsecured creditors
      Discharged 6/30/2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X