Loan Modification Question ch 13/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan Modification Question ch 13/7

I'm really confused and not sure which direction to go here. I could use everyone's advise.

I've been very ill for the last 2 years. I just returned to work full time March 3. During my illness we got pretty far behind in our mortgage. Just 6 months as of March. ($4,000). We have tons of medical and credit cards which haven't been paid in forever. Before my last bout of illness the plan was to file a 7 as we were current on the house and do a stay and pay. Being so far behind now with our low income it would take 6 months just to catch up. We applied for modification in April but it was just yesterday when we heard back they approved and will reduce our payments by 100 down to 480 a month. Nothing on paper til after 3 trial payments made. I'd like to keep the low payment as I'm on some pretty expensive meds. If we switch to a 7 would we lose this lower payment or should we still peruse the 13. The only other debt I have is my car which has 5 years at 310 and 14% which would reduce in the 13 and 70k in student loans currently in hardship forbearance.

Again any help appreciated.

I don't know the answer to your question, but do you have any reason to rush to file? Why not wait to see if they give you a permanent mod and then decide what to do about BK?
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X