Questions about last payment/dischage/closure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about last payment/dischage/closure

Hello, I'm in Mississippi and I have a few questions regarding the final days of finishing up my chapter 13. Here are my details concerning my case:
    Date filed 7/15/09
    341 meeting 9/9/09
    Date confirmed 10/14/09
    Percent to unsecured 12%

Balance in my account is $2492.76

From what I see on 13datacenter, I only have $2372.64 due on my mortgage, $440.72 on my car, and $75.79 on a misc bill. This totals to $2889.15. My trustee has not mailed the payments off for this month yet. This normally occurs between the 23-27th of each month. I've called a representative for my attorney and haven't received a call back yet and I've also contacted the trustee's office with no return call.

My questions include
    Should I initiate further contact regarding next month should be my last payment? My employer sends a check for $1538 on the first of every month which will result in an overpayment.
    When will my employer be notified to stop my wage garnishment?
    How much does the counseling course cost that I see most saying you have to take after you complete this process?

I am excited to have cleared all my debt except for student loans. This process hasn't been horrible but stressful at times when I have wanted to do things my finances wouldn't allow. This process for sure makes a person reevaluate the way they spend.

Thanks to all who respond.

Sometimes it is the trustee who initiates the termination of the wage order and sometimes it is the debtor's attorney. If it isn't stopped in time, you will be refunded for any additional payments. By all means, call your attorney back if it has been more than a few days since you left a message.

Take the counseling course now. You can take it any time after filing your BK petition and are supposed to take it before you make your last payment. It'll cost 20 or 30 bucks. Do a google search for "Post Filing bankruptcy course" and take one on line. Make sure the course you take is approved in your state by looking it up at http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa...e_approved.htm

Congratulations on reaching the end of your plan!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks LadyInTheRed! I kept calling the trustees office and my attorney and finally received a response. I have taken the required counseling course & now just waiting for my July balance on hand to disbursed so I can await next months disbursement.

One thing my attorneys office did advise was it would take up to 21 days for any objections then up to two months to receive my discharge papers.

Thank you

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X