X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay off early????

Hi,

I have 10 more months on my 5 yr plan.

I had a most difficult time renting an apartment lat year and I have to move this November.

If my BK was closed there was no issue, but when I told them it was opened, I was turned down by all but one place..now I have to move, as I am in a townhouse and I can no longer do the stairs to the apartment and then the stairs inside the home and I have to have surgery and I am in need of a one level apartment and on the first floor...where I live now, this is not an option.

So, I was thinking pay off early and get the BK closed...

Any thoughts????

If I paid off early would this be an alert to the BK courts?

Thanks

If you are in a 60 month plan because your income was above median when you filed, then if you want to complete your plan early, you must pay 100% of allowed claims. If you are prepared to do that, call your attorney who will call your trustee and get a payoff amount.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

So if you a person whos in Ch 13 pays off there plan prior to the 5 years, will the filing of Ch 13 still be on a person record for a total of 7 years regardless if its paid off early?

Comment

Originally posted by chp13 View Post
        So if you a person whos in Ch 13 pays off there plan prior to the 5 years, will the filing of Ch 13 still be on a person record for a total of 7 years regardless if its paid off early?
        Yes, as it stays for seven years from when you file your ch13 not the discharge date.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X