No announcement yet.

Any mass chap 13 people out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think they will finance a settlement would they?

Comment

Originally posted by sampsta View Post
      I don't think they will finance a settlement would they?
      No. You would have to save some money before you could offer a settlement. But, if they already wrote it off and it is underwater, you very well may be able to settle for pennies on the dollar. While you take the time to save for a settlement offer, you can rebuild your credit and let some time pass between your refi and your discharge so you have a better chance at getting decent terms in your refi.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I think that might be the route we take for the next year I have already begun the process of cleaning up my credit report. mine is already back in the 610. hoping after the discharge it might go up more. The first and second are all caught up and current, the 3rd was charged off. We have been pay on it every month. to continue to reduce the debit.

Let me ask you a question ladyinred. So can the 3rd mortgage holder ( Citizens )who got some cash in the chap 13... we know we still owe them the $$......which they have placed a lien on the property...they declined to forclose because they are on 3rd place.... but will they now come back after us once the discharge is granted like try to garnish my wages or will it just be I keep sending them $$ until I can get enough to refi it or get a settlement

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        No. You would have to save some money before you could offer a settlement. But, if they already wrote it off and it is underwater, you very well may be able to settle for pennies on the dollar. While you take the time to save for a settlement offer, you can rebuild your credit and let some time pass between your refi and your discharge so you have a better chance at getting decent terms in your refi.
        Last edited by sampsta; 09-05-2014, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Sampsta, I was discharged in MA today. How's your process going?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X