top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nearing the end and noticed something on my interim report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearing the end and noticed something on my interim report.

Hi My name is Don.

I filed chapter 13 back in 2009 and I'm on a 48 month plan and my payments are 550.00 a month.

I was looking at my interim report on NDC today since I'm in the last few months and noticed a few things.

My percentage is 3% and only a few creditors filed claims and from what it looks like they are all paid that percentage. I have 2 creditors listed still with 1 being Toyota with an amount of $1615.00 owed and the other is my attorney with 1425.00 included in the balance.

My attorney was paid by ARAG (a legal fund I pay into at work) and it shows on the report "TO BE PAID DIRECT BY ARAG" and they were paid. So you could take this amount out of whats owed.

My months on schedule shows 10 and my months to pay off show 6. But if you take off the amount for the attorney it would be closer to 3 months.

I also have small balance on hand of 185.00 that keeps accruing since the others were paid off and will continue to accrue I'm assuming.

So what I'm getting at is I'll be paid off in 3 months since my attorney has been paid but will still have time on schedule.

What happens once I'm paid off but still have time on schedule? The difference will be about 6 months.

I believe the trustee will go off the plan base. Look at what your "amount paid into plan" vs your plan base is.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
      I believe the trustee will go off the plan base. Look at what your "amount paid into plan" vs your plan base is.

Plan base shows 0.00 and always has. I'm only on a 3% plan though and they will all be at that percentage in 3 months.

Comment

Do they then get more and you keep paying in until the time is satisfied? That would be a bummer. I always thought it was pay 100 percent or go the full way.
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

The percentage is really pretty meaningless (unless you hit 100% in which case your plan would end). You say you are in a 48 month plan and that you filed in 2009. If your confirmed plan provided for 48 payments of $550, it has not been modified and you have made all 48 payments, your plan should be complete, regardless of any percentages on NDC. If you made your 1st payment within a month of filing as required, then it seems like you should be done by now. I suggest you contact your attorney and find out what is going on.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Oh hell. First post and I already goofed. My divorce was 2009. I file chapter 13 in 2011. Sorry about that.

Comment

That makes more sense! Your income was under median, right? I bet you have been in the plan for 30 months. In 6 months, after you have made 36 payments, if you have paid all arrears on secured debt and your attorney fees and have paid enough to unsecured creditors to pay for any non-exempt assets, you should be able to end the plan early. You cannot end earlier than 36 months. So, if you had no non-exempt assets, your unsecured creditors will get whatever isn't needed to pay Toyota and the trustee fees.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X