top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you voluntarily communicate with creditors during chapter 13??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you voluntarily communicate with creditors during chapter 13??

Got a question. after months of going back and forth on how i want to proceed with my current chapter 13, i intend to let the case get dismissed by the trustee, and file chapter 7 down the road. i have a car in the plan i want to keep. During the chapter 13 ( before the dismissal) im i allowed to talk to the creditor about the car and negotiate a repayment plan ( let them know i anticipate the case getting dismissed) or do i have to wait till the case is dismissed before i can communicate with them??

You can talk to them, however there is a good possibility that they will not talk back. If you used an attorney, you should speak with him/her.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
      You can talk to them, however there is a good possibility that they will not talk back. If you used an attorney, you should speak with him/her.
      thanx for the response. ill call them and see if they respond. thanx.

Comment

They should refuse to talk to you if you are represented! This happened to me in my Chapter 13 and I politely told the person that I was the attorney of record, Pro Se, and that they could talk to me. Took a few minutes on hold but we got that straightened out. In most cases, they will want a signed letter from the attorney, if represented, or a signed letter from the debtor himself, if not represented.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I know this is nosey but why are you going that route? How long have you been in bk13?
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X