1 more payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 more payment

OMG ! Seems like we have been in prison.

Congratulations..there have been sooo many 13's completing lately..what a great way to start the holiday season.
    Enjoy your freedom!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

November should be my last payment too!
      Chapter 13 Filed Feb 2010, Confirmed May 2010
      Last payment made Dec 2014, Awaiting discharge

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Good for you folks.

Many challenges ahead for me, but I hope to succeed too.
          11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
            Good for you folks.

Many challenges ahead for me, but I hope to succeed too.
            Me too Spidge! Congrats OP!!!!
            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

I have 2 payments left December & January. Though I don't really feel like I have been in prison, I am looking towards the future and except for a small home equity loan being debt free.
              Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Congratulations!!!

I check in everyday hoping to see some miracle post like "max years for chap 13 is now 3 years". We are all making progress 1 month at a time. So nice to see those in front making it to the end.
                Filed ch 13 03/2012. Final payment made 03/2015. Discharged 8/04/15!!!

Comment

Comment

I can relate. 5 yrs met, plan base met, appears creditors have been paid their %, now its the sit & wait game too see what happens. I read other post that state 60-90 days till discharge. Called attorney who said I will be getting a lot of paperwork from the trustee.. I get paid next week so curious to see if the payment is still taken out. I am thinking they will since it hasn't been a month since I hit the 5yr mark.
                    I am happy but also anxious about it being over. Its been nice with them making my mortgage, home equity payment for me every month. No robbing peter to pay paul for 5yrs. I know I have changed my spending habits but I have to continue to do the same when this ends. I have to be diligent in starting a savings account for emergencies. SO as happy as I am I am still a little stressed ...
                    Last edited by klandsb; 11-08-2014, 05:35 AM.
                    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Originally posted by klandsb View Post
                      I can relate. 5 yrs met, plan base met, appears creditors have been paid their %, now its the sit & wait game too see what happens. I read other post that state 60-90 days till discharge. Called attorney who said I will be getting a lot of paperwork from the trustee.. I get paid next week so curious to see if the payment is still taken out. I am thinking they will since it hasn't been a month since I hit the 5yr mark.
                      I am happy but also anxious about it being over. Its been nice with them making my mortgage, home equity payment for me every month. No robbing peter to pay paul for 5yrs. I know I have changed my spending habits but I have to continue to do the same when this ends. I have to be diligent in starting a savings account for emergencies. SO as happy as I am I am still a little stressed ...
                      Congrats on making you last payment!! My home equity loan was outside of my plan payment, so I have been making that payment all along. I am looking forward to having the trustee payment stay in my checking account.

You do need an emergency saving. Instead of having the money go to the trustee, you should direct some of your payment into a saving account. I have money taken directly from my checking and into a saving account to pay my property taxes each year. it works well to save some money every pay period and you don't really notice it gone. If I had to do it myself, the money might not make it into the account. Taxes aren't due until February but I already have 95% saved.

I also opened a Roth IRA for my husband and myself. I look forward to being able to fully fund it each year instead of just a small amount. It can also count as a savings account since you can withdrawal what you put in just not any gains until it has been in the account for 5 years.

Enjoy your new financial freedom!!
                      Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Thanks for the advice Jange. I noticed you live in PA as well. I feel like I get a tax bill every month, ha,ha, County, Local, School and the list goes on. I am a single mother w/2 grown children. I am fortunate to have a good job and most of the time have overtime in my paycheck which made my BK a lot easier than most. Its not guaranteed but its there to help get me thru. I am also in my company matched (up to 6%) 401K plan which I max at the 6%. If I don't see it I cant spend it .. I would love to retire in 8 yrs if possible so trying to get my ducks in order and be financially secure. This bankruptcy has given me a fresh start after making some really bad financial choices (credit cards). I was given way too much credit for my income at that time and it snowballed into where I just couldn't manage anymore. Lesson learned. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Having a fair trustee and manageable BK plan helped make it possible.
                        Last edited by klandsb; 11-08-2014, 07:09 AM.
                        Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

klandsb, I am right there with you.... I am hoping to retire in 3-4 years. My husband is unemployed and unemployment ran out a few months ago. He is going to start his SS in February. I also have a decent job with a 401K. but my match is only 4%. I will also receive a pension when I retire. I decided to start the Roth IRA's since I wanted some retirement money that was after tax since everything that I have is pre tax.

We desperately needed our ducks in a row or I probably would have needed to work until I died. It does feel great knowing we are so close to being debt free!

Which district are you in? I am in Eastern and he didn't force payroll deduction, so I'm guessing you are not. But I will be interested in see how long it takes for you to get your discharge. I did our 2nd bk class last year, so I don't need to worry about that piece.
                          Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Yes jange I am in western district and my wages are attached. At first I was mad about it but it ended up being the best thing for me. I didn't have to send any money to anyone on a certain date. Them making my mortgage, heloc and car payment was great too.. They paid my car off about 4 months ago & I have my title in hand. They paid $ 200 too much on my car loan from a credit union and to my surprise when I called to find out about it the credit union said they put the money towards a credit card that was included in my BK that I also had . I would have thought they would have checked the balance B4 they cut them a check. I looked and all creditors have been sent there % of payback and I now have $ 2600.00 credit showing on NDC . Curious about where that might go ???? I also wonder about the payment , amount owed , showing on my credit report. Do creditors show payments made to them by the trustee ??? Some credit cards were bought off to other agencies .

I got a notice in the mail yesterday stating starting in December I must make my mortgage & heloc payments so I was excited to see something from the trustee.
                            Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

It's over last payment went out in the mail yesterday.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X