Rejected Fee Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected Fee Application

Disharged in October and still not closed. Apparently the trustee objected to my attorneys fee application right before my discharge in early October. The trustee said it was because of the amount of fees that I was charged over the course of my five year plan. My attorney went to the hearing and the fee application was reduced by less than $20 on a $600 bill for mailings and postage that the trustee said were not needed. So right after my discharge I get a letter from my attorney for additional fees incurred after my discharge including almost $300 for going to the hearing to defend their fees. My Attorney says that they have the right under Bankruptcy law to defend their fee applications. Anyone know if this is true? I mean it seems absolutely insane to me for them to go to court to have their fee application reduced by $20 and charge me $300 for it. To top that all off the Trustee is trying to bring them in front of the judge again for sending me a bill after discharge which the Trustee says is not allowed. I just want out of this nightmare but also don't want to pay anything that by law I shouldn't be paying. Any thoughts?

My Attorney says that they have the right under Bankruptcy law to defend their fee applications. Anyone know if this is true?. . . the Trustee is trying to bring them in front of the judge again for sending me a bill after discharge
    Yes, I have a right to recover additional fees for protecting my right to fees previously incurred. However, the court still has the final say in the matter. If the "fees for fees" is allowed you need to look to your fee agreement to see if you must pay them. We do bill such matters to the client however, depending upon the situation we may waive or reduce what we seek from the client. It just depends upon the circumstances.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X