Almost made it, but hit a little snag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost made it, but hit a little snag

Im currently at month 54 in my bk but have been on strike for 4 weeks with no end in sight, i have saved enough to make at least 3 more payment then i will have to come up with new way to finish this thing, any ideas?

Eek. Sorry to hear of the timing of the events, but I do hope good things come from it. Have you discussed this with your attorney? Could you obtain a hardship discharge?

My trustee did not act until we were two payments behind and asked for a hearing 30 days later. This gave me time to straighten things out.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Yes, call your attorney to see if anything can be done now. He may tell you that you have to wait until you get to the point where you can't make a payment. If so, ask him at what point you should call. A certain amount of time before you miss a payment? After a payment is already late?

Good luck. I hope you get a good contract soon!
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Oh boy this sucks!!! But you are so close!!! If your payment is super high, I don't know otherwise can you save for it, borrow, work some extra job? Yep ask your atty. Maybe early pay off amount? I sure don't know but keep us posted and good luck! Almost there! And naturally it has to be stressful! Gah!!!!
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

thanks guys! somehow i will finish it.

Comment

Feels good to get my first paycheck in almost 2 1/2 months, being on strike while in a ch13 is no fun glad i was semi prepared with a little help also from good friends.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac View Post
              Feels good to get my first paycheck in almost 2 1/2 months, being on strike while in a ch13 is no fun glad i was semi prepared with a little help also from good friends.
              So your now back to work and the strike is over?

Glad to here that. What's the BK status? Good to go?
              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Still good spidge, i had a few payments built up in savings for a rainy day and it rained on me lol. I would of lived in my car before letting anything happen to my BK this far along.

Comment

So glad that worked out for you. I felt that way about my Chapter 13, too, very protective of making it happen. I think that is how you have to look at it in order to succeed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X