Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes with expenses after filing

Hello again

I am not doing so well. We just filed chapter 7 last week and nothing seems to go right for us. Seriously, we can't even do a bankruptcy right.
    All this stress before making the decision, then the stress after the decision, then some more stress during filling. Then a couple of days of relief right after we filed and.....you guessed it!! even more stress now.

Here's whats happened. A coupe of days after we filled, I received letter from our insurance (it is dated the same day as the day of our filing, just took a couple of days o get here) saying that our premiums will be lower due to my husband making a lot less money now. It will be $180 less a month, which will be leaving us with a disposable income of $180 a month It happened at the worst time possible, why couldn't they lower the payments a few moths ago, when I was asking them to do so??? Or even a couple of months from now, after all of this was being us??? I don't know what to do now....

I am tempted to just send the bigger payment for those couple of moths and pretend like I never go the letter and hope and pray that they won't find out about it before the discharge. I know it's a dumb idea, but I don't want to convert to ch13 now that we were going to do a ch7. I don't know what to do???

Should I just tell the lawyer and see what he will advise us to do? Should I wait till the 341 meeting and tell them then? or do it now? My husband will be making even less money now, that the summer is coming, as they are not that busy when it's warm. He will have no overtime for the next few month, will they take that into account?? What would you do if you were in our situation?

I hope you all can make sense out of this.
    Thank you

Why are you worried? There is nothing you need to do. The bankruptcy is a snapshot of your status as of the DAY BEFORE YOU FILED. You can inform your attorney, but it's likely that s/he will say the same thing that I just stated. Besides, you even say that you'll have less money during the summer. Don't overthink this issue. Just contact your attorney and let them know everything; your insurance is lower and your income will be reduced int he summer.

Please relax. You paid an attorney to "worry" for you. From what you posted, there is nothing to worry about.

Besides, a disposable monthly income of $180/month is below the threshold which is just under $208/month (may have changed recently as it is adjusted periodically). There is a slight caveat. If your disposable monthly income x 60 is greater than 25% of all your unsecured debt, then you would not pass the means test.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for getting back!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X