Time Limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Limit?

I have paid all my fees to file my bankruptcy, but my attorney's schedule and mine just are not matching up and we keep having to reschedule. This is a really stupid question, but once I've paid the fees, do they expire? I can't miss work because I need money to keep up on my day to day living expenses, and he doesn't have hours after my work schedule. When I originally was going through the filing process, I was under the impression I'd never have to meet an attorney in person (because I went through a third party, online company). This is really aggravating me and I just want to get this done and over with.

Sometimes you need to bite the bullet and just make the appointment. A bankruptcy attorney is much less flexible as they are in and out of hearings and 341 Meetings almost every day of the week. You may ask the attorney if they can stay late one day or come in over the weekend and see if that works. Otherwise, the onus is on you to make this work. What is going to happen when your 341 Meeting is scheduled? You'll need to attend that as well and there aren't very many "good" reasons to miss that meeting -- a good reason is not because you have to work.

Typically, many attorney require you to file within a certain period of times if they have prepared your forms. I can't say if your specific attorney requires you to file within 30, 60, 90 or more days that they prepare the petition. You will need to ask your attorney.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X