Using an online service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using an online service

Did anyone use an online petition service to prepare their Chapter 7, or did you just do it yourself? Any recommendations? I'm very nervous, but can't swallow the attorney fees right now. We are eligible for Chapter 7, and are a no assets case. Our exemptions should cover the equity in our home and vehicles, but still a scary process.

I used an (un-named) online service and they messed up my forms. Their guarantee was only that they would be "accepted by the court" and nothing about accuracy. I actually told them the forms were wrong, had mathematical errors and wrong things applied. They asked if they were "accepted" I of course answered "yes" and the rest was history. I ended up redoing the forms manually. (Their system even missed a "local" required form so my filing was technically rejected.)

Now, I will say that I learned a lot from that process of what forms I needed and how I should file. I would weigh the costs of the service and just what they provide. Please realize that they can't provide any legal advice and they are merely completing your forms.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X