Bankruptcy paperwork online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy paperwork online?

I was just wondering if anyone has a link to chapter 7 bankruptcy forms for Ohio that I can print? I've found ones for alot of other states just not Ohio's. Thanks in advance.

Hi philrozzi, try this http://www.uslegalforms.com/bankrupt...ptcy-forms.htm That might work. First, I would highly suggest that no one, but no one every do their own Chapter 7 are 13. You may have no ideal what you are in for are up against. There is so, so much to this it is mind boggling. Please, hire an attorney...you will not regret it.

Comment

I did go to an attorney, and the consultation turned me off. They wanted me to do credit counseling, pull up credit reports, write down all my debt, find my taxes, etc....

​​​​​​It seemed like I was basically doing all the work and they would just come to the court meeting and nothing else. So for the $500 fee + filling fee I figured I might as well do it myself if the lawyer isn't doing anything anyway.

​​​​​​

Comment

philrozzi, That is just what they are supposed to do. I have been through too many bankrupcies and I know what they do. They ask you for all of your information, taxes, bank accounts, credit card statments, ect. and yes, you are supposed to write down your debt are how else are they suppose to know what you owe. No matter what state you are in. Yes, it is exspensive and $500.00 is just the beginning. Most if not all attorneys will let you pay something upfront called a retainer then pay it off before your case goes to court are maybe sooner. In a chapter 13, which is at least twice the money as a 7, you can pay half and ask the attorney if he will put the other half in the 13. It is a long slow process but the wheels of any thing like this turns slowly but the outcome is what you put into it and if you do it right it will works miracles.

Comment

What would you say the hardest part is in a chapter 7? I'm just curious because I was expecting the lawyer to do a little more, but I'm new to this so I really didn't know what to expect I guess.

I also have no assets to my name so I wasn't sure if all the lawyer was willing to do was come with me to the trustee meeting and basically tell them what I already told them on my paperwork, that I have nothing, then take my $500 bucks and leave?

I had this thing hanging over my head for a few years now and i have to finally file because it sucks thinking about it all the time. And now I received a letter from a creditor saying they will take money from my paycheck basically preventing me from having any motivation to possibly find employment.
          Last edited by philrozzi; 10-24-2016, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by philrozzi View Post
            What would you say the hardest part is in a chapter 7? I'm just curious because I was expecting the lawyer to do a little more, but I'm new to this so I really didn't know what to expect I guess.

I also have no assets to my name so I wasn't sure if all the lawyer was willing to do was come with me to the trustee meeting and basically tell them what I already told them on my paperwork, that I have nothing, then take my $500 bucks and leave?

I had this thing hanging over my head for a few years now and i have to finally file because it sucks thinking about it all the time. And now I received a letter from a creditor saying they will take money from my paycheck basically preventing from having any motivation to possibly find any employment.
            Have you filed bankrupcy before and if so which one 7 are 13 and when?

Comment

No, I've never filed before.

Comment

No, I've never filed before.
                This is what I would do philrozzi, and I am no attorney, gather all of your bills, statements, medical bills, utility bills, cable, phone, internet and then make a detailed list of what you spend every month with those. Then write down what you spend in a normal month and I mean everything. Food, clothes, car gas, insurances, child care, everything. If you do not have this your attorney are you will not know what you owe and if you donkt then how can you have anything discharged in a 7 are a 13. Then make an appointment with a attorney and then at that time it is decided what bankrupcy you need; a 7 are a 13. If it was me I would go a 7 since this is your first time. If you have a car are house your attorney can help you keep it while paying those off. I know you have many questions and you have come to the right place. I am no attorney, and I strongly suggest you call that attorney up again and get this started.

Comment

Originally posted by lukesky View Post

This is what I would do philrozzi, and I am no attorney, gather all of your bills, statements, medical bills, utility bills, cable, phone, internet and then make a detailed list of what you spend every month with those. Then write down what you spend in a normal month and I mean everything. Food, clothes, car gas, insurances, child care, everything. If you do not have this your attorney are you will not know what you owe and if you donkt then how can you have anything discharged in a 7 are a 13. Then make an appointment with a attorney and then at that time it is decided what bankrupcy you need; a 7 are a 13. If it was me I would go a 7 since this is your first time. If you have a car are house your attorney can help you keep it while paying those off. I know you have many questions and you have come to the right place. I am no attorney, and I strongly suggest you call that attorney up again and get this started.
                  Thanks for the advice. When I went to talk to a lawyer he said he would definitely do a chapter 7. I haven't worked in almost 2 years so I don't spend anything in a month. That's why I also can't afford an attorney, really I can barely afford the filing fee.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. When I went to talk to a lawyer he said he would definitely do a chapter 7. I haven't worked in almost 2 years so I don't spend anything in a month. That's why I also can't afford an attorney, really I can barely afford the filing fee.
                    Your attorney can work with you on that. Almost 99% of attorneys have a free consultation and after that they let you make monthly payments while they work on your case. I know it seems hopeless to you now but please before the sun goes down today call your attorney.

Comment

Are the forms that you need available here? http://www.uscourts.gov/forms/bankruptcy-forms

Comment

philrozzi, if you are unemployed, how do you expect BK to help you? Does the creditor who is threatening you have a judgement? Even if they do, without a pay check, do you have anything a creditor can take? If you get a discharge, what then?

​​​​​You may want to consider waiting until you are employed to file BK. Then you will be able to save money to afford an attorney.

No attorney will gather all of your financial info for you. BK would cost a lot more if they did. You are the best person to gather that information. Every BK filer must attend a credit counseling course before filing and a financial management course after filing. An attorney will prepare the petition and make sure it is complete and correct and make sure all required forms are filed. They will deal with any problems that come up so that you get your discharge.
                        ​​​​
                        If you file prose, you must become familiar with the bankruptcy laws and court rules. Filing out the forms is not as simple as you might think. A mistake could have huge consequences. Gathering the information you list is by far the easy part. Many have successfully filed BK prose. Having no job and no assets makes it easier, but don't take it lightly. It is time consuming and can be difficult, especially if you make a mistake. If you run into problems you can't resolve on your own, it is difficult to find an attorney willing to take over in the middle of a case.
                        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                          philrozzi, if you are unemployed, how do you expect BK to help you? Does the creditor who is threatening you have a judgement? Even if they do, without a pay check, do you have anything a creditor can take? If you get a discharge, what then?

​​​​​You may want to consider waiting until you are employed to file BK. Then you will be able to save money to afford an attorney.

No attorney will gather all of your financial info for you. BK would cost a lot more if they did. You are the best person to gather that information. Every BK filer must attend a credit counseling course before filing and a financial management course after filing. An attorney will prepare the petition and make sure it is complete and correct and make sure all required forms are filed. They will deal with any problems that come up so that you get your discharge.
                          ​​​​
                          If you file prose, you must become familiar with the bankruptcy laws and court rules. Filing out the forms is not as simple as you might think. A mistake could have huge consequences. Gathering the information you list is by far the easy part. Many have successfully filed BK prose. Having no job and no assets makes it easier, but don't take it lightly. It is time consuming and can be difficult, especially if you make a mistake. If you run into problems you can't resolve on your own, it is difficult to find an attorney willing to take over in the middle of a case.
                          The problem is when I was working I didn't pass the means test as my household made too much money combined back then. There was a judgment against me a few months ago but I just received another judgment letter saying that any earnings could be garnished.

The reason im wanting to file now is so I can hopefully find work and avoid any garnishment from the get go as well as not have any new surprises at failing the means test again.

Comment

Ok well Im going to see an attorney tomorrow and he was asking me about property i own. I only have to tell him about property that's in my name correct? Things that are only under my wife's name I probably shouldn't even mention, right?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X