Used credit cards do I wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used credit cards do I wait?

I have used my credit cards recently for normal things I have always used it for except I did have a hotel charge for about $250 that was booked a while back as well as a car rental from a trip last month.

I have been going back and forth debating on what to do and trying to make my bills. I am meeting with the attorney on Wednesday.

I know they have a presumptive amount of about 650 on luxury items.

I haven't purchased anything extravagant or major but I am worried. I was using my credit card pretty much like my debit card paying most of my bills and getting reward points. I charged groceries recently.

Nervous my bankruptcy would not get approved or what happens in that case. when I did talk to an attorney quickly she had mentioned to file sooner than later but should I be waiting a certain amount of time.

again nothing major no real change in my charging habits I am just a nervous person by nature. always worry.

I have cut them up and stopped using today.

I think you'll be find. It doesn't sound too extravagant to me. This is not a matter of your bankruptcy being approved. Absolutely worse case, which I don't even think is a factor, would be that a specific creditor could ask that their debt not be discharged by the bankruptcy. However, for small amounts it's typically not even an issue (think in the range of $2,000 to $4,000 or more in "recent" activity without payments).

I would just meet with my attorney and mention these things to the attorney. They'll probably tell you to now worry about it since it doesn't appear you made any "luxury" purchases.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks that's what I thought but needed that piece of mind. appreciate it!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X