Florida - call with Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida - call with Trustee

My 341 meeting is scheduled next Friday. Today I had a quick phone call with the Trustee. They say this is normal. He asked many questions really fast (all the answers were no). I believe it is basically the questions we will be asked at the meeting.

At one point he asked if I had sold anything since 2014. I said well I believe we sold a junk car for $100, he asked what year, I told him 1983. I said I believe it was on the attorney form. He said no then I said wait it may have been 2013. I am honestly not sure when it was but would that be an issue? I don't think so but I am a nervous Nellie!

Also he asked if we had any business. I was about to say my husband was an independent contractor over 8 years ago (I know that won't matter) but he mentioned a company I worked for. I said no I worked for them that is all. I wondered why I did get mail in the past for them, He said they had it listed on your credit report that you have an interest in the company. I definitely do not. Is that an issue? He didn't say anything else but the date and time of the 341 and that he will see us there.

Just want to make sure all is ok. Nerves are shot!

If you own part of a company you know nothing about, then let the Trustee have fun trying to figure it out. You aren't missing anything. Trustees use a variety of tools to find out your holdings (business, real estate, vehicles, boats, etc). Your name may have come across in some LLC filing or something. Maybe it was just a name match and not really you. No worries.

That's weird that the Trustee called you ex-parte (without your lawyer present on the phone). If the Trustee did speak with you without your attorney on the phone, please let your attorney know that it occurred and the contents of the call.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks I was a refional manager for that company so I think in filing for the business licenses maybe that's why my name showed up.

my attorney knows I believe this is common practice in Florida. She had mentioned he is just going to ask basic questions that they would ask at the meeting nothing to fret over.

Comment

I'm in Florida and I had neither my Chapter 13 nor my Chapter 7 trustee call me before the meeting. In fact, getting them on the phone proved to be very difficult. Since your attorney knows about this, and maybe because it's standard in the Southern or Northern Florida Districts, I won't say anything further.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I just had a letter to send documents if my attorney didn't already send and to attend the phone conference. I spoke to the lawyer office they said all is good and this trustee just goes over things for a smooth 341 and rarely makes any arguments.

Comment

Is this a Southern District thing? I would have loved to had a call with the Trustee prior to the 341 Meeting.

Comment

No I am in the Middle District

Comment

Originally posted by Leesa926 View Post
                No I am in the Middle District
                I was just wondering because I was in the Middle as well. I wonder if it was because I was Pro Se. That may be the difference.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X