Expenses Prior to Filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expenses Prior to Filing

Am I required to keep and present receipts to show expenses made prior to actually filing? I have received a tax refund and most of it will be spent by the time we file. Attonery's fees, home repairs, registration of vehicle, tires for primary vehicle etc. I'm dealing mostly in cash transactions, filing at the end of the month.

Receipts and proof are not "generally" required unless we are talking about a serious amount of money in just several days. Don't ask me what "serious" means... but I'm sure if you spent $10,000 in 3 days before filing, that may raise some flags/suspicions.

Unless you're filing within a few days, it's not an issue. If you used it on necessities and your attorney then you shouldn't have any issues (since your attorney can vouch for his/her fees). Since you're filing in 27 days or so, I rally don't see an issue (unless you're talking about a "serious" amount of money).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X