When to expect my Ch 7 Case to close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to expect my Ch 7 Case to close?

Hi everyone! So as you may know I got my discharge early last week for my Ch 7. My case however still is open and on PACER says it has been 9 days time in status "awaiting closing".

To give a background it was a no-asset case.

12/14/16 the Trustee filed a Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution and "I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Meeting Closed."
    2/7/17 - Order Discharging Debtor 2/7/17
    2/9/17 - Certificate of Notice by Bankruptcy Noticing Center

Is it just a matter of a clerk somewhere entering it in the computer to close the case? I have done my post-filing certificate and it was filed with the court several months ago and also appears on PACER. Just curious when to expect the case to be finally closed? I just find it strange that everything paperwork wise is in order and I received a discharge only 24 hours after the 60 day wait period from the 341 but it has been 9 days since discharge and case still open. Is this normal for a no asset case?

Thanks!

My discharge was automatic (autodischarge). My close took 7 months. It's an administrative step and it's not really anything major as the discharge is the thing that sets your free. Congratulations on your discharge. Your close will happen.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      My discharge was automatic (autodischarge). My close took 7 months. It's an administrative step and it's not really anything major as the discharge is the thing that sets your free. Congratulations on your discharge. Your close will happen.
      Thanks. Good to know it's nothing unusual! I'll sleep on it and not check every day

Comment

Just wanted to say the case was officially closed as of yesterday Thank you to everyone who helped keep me sane through this period of time!

Comment

Again, congratulations on your discharge and now your close. Enjoy that fresh start.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X