No announcement yet.

Reaffirming with a credit union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7s being converted or dismissed is a common occurrence. Not everyone chooses to convert. Look for cases that are found to be an abuse under 11 USC 707(b)(2) "presumption of abuse" or 707(b)(3) "bad faith" or "totality of circumstances.".

Here's a summary guide in case you're bored; http://www.sbli-inc.org/archive/2009/documents/U.pdf

I'm sending some good vibes your way.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks! Appreciate it. Definitely feel like I've got a great attorney but not sure if I knew all of these things were a possibility. I'll blame myself for not asking the right questions or not finding this site sooner.

Comment

If you haven't already, I'd take a close look at your means test calculations. Is anything missing? (e.g. charitable contributions, care for disabled family, etc.)

If your boat loan if taken out of the picture, what will your disposable monthly income be (as far as the means test calculates it)?

Finally, is there any justifiable reason you may need this houseboat? I can't think of a good argument here, but I don't own a houseboat either.

Comment

I've been going through everything trying to figure out my expenses to see what is there for this year. As far as the boat goes. Yes it does provide pleasure. I use it a lot during the week to stay on instead of commuting but that is just a personal decision. A 43 mile commute is "reasonable" so I cannot say that I need it.

My attorney got back with me today and said that now we just have to wait to see if the US Trustee objects. He said that it is rare but there is always a chance.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X