Question about payments during 60 wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about payments during 60 wait

So I'm in the 60 day wait and I'm unclear on what I should be paying. I am reaffirming a travel trailer but the hearing hasn't happened yet. Should I pay on that or wait until the reaffirmation is confirmed because as I understand it if it's not reaffirmed then I can't get that money back? Is that correct? What happens after the 60 days? Do the creditors you reaffirmed with start sending bills again?

You should probably continue making regular payments to all secured creditors for which you are reaffirming or doing the "stay-and-pay."

I can't tell you whether the creditor will enable billing again so you may need to ask them about that. It would not matter if it's not reaffirmed since you would get the benefit of the ride-through.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You could try calling the creditor, perhaps after you signed the reaffirmation agreement. Wells Fargo Home Equity stopped making home equity statements, but resumed statements after I signed an acknowledgement that I understood the statements were not attempts to collect a debt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X