credit card statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

credit card statements

Can credit card statements still be obtained after filing if some are missing?

Originally posted by whyus78 View Post
    Can credit card statements still be obtained after filing if some are missing?
    Why do you need them? I don't know of any reason to have them. The creditors will need them in order to file a claim, but you shouldn't need them. Even if you don't know what you owe, you could simply put $1 on the schedules and check the box for unknown.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Trustee sent a letter stating: Failure to provide the requested statements will result in the filing of a Motion to Compel for non-compliance. What does Motion to Compel mean? (1st timer)

Comment

A motion to compel asks the judge to "force" the target of the motion to do something. From what I can gather with your situation, it's simply one way the Trustee could force you to provide the statements. If you don't have all of them or can't provide any of them because the creditor won't give them to you, then you respond to the original request. Your response to the original request should include all that you could gather, along with a reason that you could not obtain the other statements.

Did your Trustee actually request credit card statements?
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My attorney had me call the creditors to request the statements. I was able to get them emailed right over to me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X