Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee Questions

Good afternoon,
    I have made the initial retainer for for my lawyer and am in the process of filing chapter 7. Unfortunately she is out of the office today and have some general community questions for everyone.

We left our bank and ended out going going cash only for a couple days. We ended out spending around 400 for groceries amd gas but did notkeep the receipts. What will the trustee do with this unknown money? Will we need to just repay that portion or could it get our bankruptcy turned down?

Also with holidays and a birthday around the corner for us my question is how should we approach gifts. Not planning on a major shopping spree by any means but will a playstation game and a hundred dollars a child for clothes and minor toys be ok or is it frowned upon my the trustee?

Not sure if we need to live like monks next couple months or if I am overthinking it. Definately aware of large ticket luxury purchases being off the table but one 60 dollar game for Christmas I am curious about.

As always thank you for your input. Bankruptcy is in Arizona if that has any bearing.

You left your bank as in you just pulled money out to have some on hand or closed the account and took a couple of days to open another one? If they ask, tell the truth. Cash is hard to follow. As for Christmas, my atty told me to go ahead. I would stay away from big items and cash for now and wait until later to get them. Your family should understand. But some gift cards and a game or similiar priced items should not be an issue. I plan on completely spoiling my kids this christmas. Just makes sure to keep those receipts. I am sure others will chime in to help as well.

Comment

ya I was closing my old account and then had a plumbing emergency that weekend so when we did the grocery shopping and plumbing supplies we either trashed the receipt or never got it. I got about 250 dollars that I dont have physical proof of using and want to be as honest and above board as I can. dont want it to look bad and want to know what the repercussions if any will be. Everything else is documented and with receipts down to a full written register other than that. Cant wait for my new bank account to get approved.

Comment

Just be honest about it if asked. Needed repairs are a needed expense. Odds are, they probably wont ask. Now if the full amount disappeared, thats one thing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X