Just filed!...question on car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just filed!...question on car

Hey y’all! New AZ filer here our attorney filed us yesterday and we have a case number and I can see it on our local courts BK website —which is exciting because I’m ready for this to be Over! Lol ok so question—we are surrendering both vehicles (way upside down and high payments!) but based on the timeline we probably won’t be discharged til ...May? If not later-idk I’m preparing for May..but my registration is due by end of April...it’s $450 and there’s no way I am going to be able to pay that let alone, want to pay if we are just going to let the cars go...

what am I supposed to do? Just talk to my lawyer? Or do a “sold” notice with DMV? I’m kind of lost on this aspect. Am I allowed to get another cheaper car while all this is going on so that I have a vehicle?

If you won't drive your vehicle(s) after April 30th, then just park them. I would ask the attorney, but are you ready for the cars to go? Are they both with the same lender? Is that lender a local credit union (CU) or small bank?

The lender is not going to do anything at least until after the 341 Meeting or until the Trustee abandons the vehicle, whichever comes first. They may even file a so-called Motion for Relief from the Automatic Stay (RFS). The RFS allows them to recover the vehicle(s) more quickly. No one can predict how the lender will respond or if they will even care that you filed. Some lenders, in Chapter 7s, wait until after the discharge is entered before taking exercising any repossession rights. Some smaller lenders, including CUs, will attend the 341 Meeting and ask you what your intention(s) is/are.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

thanks for the response JustBroke!

One is with Chrysler capital and the other is Exeter and yes we are ready for them to go. We will just Lyft it until we can get another car lol with 600 & 680 car payments We are ready for financial relief.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X