T-Mobile found out about my bk w/o being on my list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-Mobile found out about my bk w/o being on my list

I have T-Mobile phone service. I recently changed from a chapter 13 to a chapter 7. At no point did I list T-Mobile as a creditor. We haven't missed any of our monthly payments to T-mobile, nor have I ever mentioned the bankruptcy to them.

On 3/2/20 I went in to look at my bill because they had overcharged us by removing our military discount. When I went in to look at it, I saw that someone did an adjustment that said "bankruptcy adj", and took off the entire amount we owe this month.

Our service is still active. I am planning on calling in a few days, but I'm just wondering if anyone else had this happen and should I expect to lose my cell service? I just think it's so weird that they did that!

As many debtors find out, and most don't know, most major creditors subscribe to a bankruptcy notification service known as the Electronic Bankruptcy Notification center (or EBN). What T-Mobile will do is just create a new account and write off any balance as of the date of filing. If you have phones that are on installment, they'll also write those off as well.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X