How bad will this look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad will this look?

I don't know how but in one of our checking accounts, I put the wrong amount on our schedules. It's only $75. Do I just tell the trustee at the 341 next week? I just discovered the error.

Do you mean the amount is lower than what is on the schedules? It happens, especially when there's a difference on the day of filing because people usually fill out the forms weeks before filing. I don't think it's an issue if it's less, unless it's non-exempt and the Trustee is asking for the money. I can't remember if you filed with an attorney? If you filed with an attorney they'll probably say it's not an issue. But I would speak to them first. If you filed pro se, the Trustee will likely ask you if anything changed from filing and you could mention it. I don't know if the Trustee would want all the paperwork updated for a small amount.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We had $75 more in the account. It was a really small amount anyway. I said 75 but had 150. I still don't know how I got it wrong. The lawyer said not to sweat it but I am nervous abt the 341 anyway.

Comment

My unofficial opinion based on my limited personal experience is that it's such a small amount they probably won't think twice about it. If the lawyer says not to worry don't worry about it. We were all nervous about the 341, usually we worry more than we need.
        I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

I don’t remember exactly what it was, but I had a small discrepancy in one of my expenses. I was freaking out. But the trustee asked if anything needed to be fixed, I just told him what it was. And he looked at me like why are you telling me... lol so it’s really scary but something like this is probably not a big deal.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X