Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by david1971 View Post

That seems pretty silly that they would make me pay hundreds of dollars to notify people of my possible fee waiver...
    BTW-Why can't you just notify them by mail?

Comment

That seems pretty silly that they would make me pay hundreds of dollars to notify people of my possible fee waiver...
      Silly? It's a hyper-technical process and yes it's silly.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        Silly? It's a hyper-technical process and yes it's silly.
        Just seems like it defeats the point of the fee waiver.

Why would it cost $60 per mailing?

Comment

Just seems like it defeats the point of the fee waiver.

Why would it cost $60 per mailing?
          By technically silly I mean that it's required, but your Case Manager should send the notice so you don't need to pay. I did not know this because I filed Pro Se as well. I learned later, by my most awesome case manager, that she would send out all notices of that type through the Bankruptcy Noticing Center (BNC).

(I was in a Chapter 13, and I had over 60 creditors. To send my plan, which was 15 pages or so, I cost $1.06 at the post office per mailing. )
          Last edited by justbroke; 03-23-2018, 03:24 PM.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Comment

By technically silly I mean that it's required, but your Case Manager should send the notice so you don't need to pay. I did not know this because I filed Pro Se as well. I learned later, by my most awesome case manager, that she would send out all notices of that type through the Bankruptcy Noticing Center (BNC).

(I was in a Chapter 13, and I had over 60 creditors. To send my plan, which was 15 pages or so, I cost $1.06 at the post office per mailing. )
            It's too late to send out notices. So I am probably screwed now...

Another thing I noticed is really terrible. When I filed the supporting documents to the Fee Waiver as you suggested (I'm not blaming you for free advice), the paperwork was scanned and posted publicly to the internet via PACER! Now the world has access to my entire life's personal information. Including my full social security number, birth date, and bank account numbers! I thought that stuff would be confidential. Why would they post all that personal information like that?

Wait. Case manager? What is that?

Comment

david, you need to IMMEDIATELY file an Emergency Motion to Redact Public Information and, along with that, file a redacted copy with all that information. By immediately, I mean... yesterday. Yes, everything you send to the court is public information and put on the public docket. The clerks in the Clerk's Office just scan things in and are not allowed to redact things for you. I think that the system should automatically redact certain information, but that's a technology issue.

Please, immediately provide a redacted copy and an Emergency Motion to Redact or Restrict Public Access!

In many Districts, each Judge has a number of Case Managers that manage the docket and "electronic" file for debtors. They are usually split up by last 2 of SSN or case number. There could be, in busy districts such as mine, 10 Case Managers for a single judge. Just call the Clerk of the Court and ask to speak to a Case Manager. They should send you to the right person. Ask the Case Manager about restricting public access until your motion on redacting is heard.

Comment

You should call your Clerk of the Court. When I was Pro Se, I asked them to send all notifications that were not notice under one of the rules. For example, when I filed an amended Chapter 13 Plan (prior to confirmation), the Clerk sent all the notices (since it would cost me over $60 each time).

You are going to need to speak with your Clerk.
                You were also right about the "Deadlines/Hearings" not being updated. I was granted the Fee Waiver, and the Deadlines/Hearings still lists all my payment dates for the fees! At that hearing the judge also asked about the document I was missing, if I had submitted it. I had. And he seemed fine with that. "Terminated" seemed so scary when I first read it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X