top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In collector lawsuit, what happens to 'costs' during BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfired View Post
    Once your petition is filed, it’s like a viral BLAST that goes out to every creditor that you owe money to. They will know immediately (within 72 hours) of your petition being filed.
    On a related note, once you answer a summons, other creditors have your last known address with a hearbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by bornfree2 View Post
      On a related note, once you answer a summons, other creditors have your last known address with a hear beat.
      Creditors can get this from LexisNexis whenever they want. After examining my report, I see something known as an Account Review from several major creditors. Yes, they are keeping tabs on me. Another good source is that many creditors also subscribe to the USPS Change of Address Service. The creditors can also send you mail with "address correction service" and also be told of your new address. Your utility company, cellular company, and many others report address information and I can tell you that LexisNexis (and possibly Equifax too) has it all... since I was 18.

Unless you truly live of the grid, which means you would have never received a summons, you are most undoubtedly tracked down to every single address you have ever used. Insurance companies also share data and this is also in LexisNexis.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        Creditors can get this from LexisNexis whenever they want. After examining my report, I see something known as an Account Review from several major creditors. Yes, they are keeping tabs on me. Another good source is that many creditors also subscribe to the USPS Change of Address Service. The creditors can also send you mail with "address correction service" and also be told of your new address. Your utility company, cellular company, and many others report address information and I can tell you that LexisNexis (and possibly Equifax too) has it all... since I was 18.

Unless you truly live of the grid, which means you would have never received a summons, you are most undoubtedly tracked down to every single address you have ever used. Insurance companies also share data and this is also in LexisNexis.
        the whole world knows your whole life story unlkess you are truly off the grid living like a hermit

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X