verizon wireless question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

verizon wireless question

i have a verizon question. i had a so called friend that i put on my acct. and they ended up screwing me on a device payment so i am stuck with it. my BK lawyer told me to goto another carrier. though i prefer to keep verizon they have treated me awsome. during covid they broke one of my bill's into 6 payments so i could keep up.. kudos to verizon for understanding the times!!! i also get awsome employee discounts though them on service and everything i buy. i am current and paid up on my acct and have paid them on time every month. i really want to get rif of the line that i got screwed on and still keep the service trying to drop my bill down and i can't see why they would want to loose a good paying customer. if i file them in a BK will they shut my service off or will they make me a new acct and or will they want a deposit. thoughts and inputs

I am not an expert this is just my experience with Chapter 13.

I had an outstanding balance with Verizon they put that into the Chapter 13. I still had to pay for the phones that had payments on them. I still had to pay for the current cell phone bills. Nothing really changed. I got some weird email or text when I filed, but called and it did not change anything. I was able to get two new phones since we have been in Chapter 13. One was to replace mine and the other was to add a line for my husband who previously had a prepaid cellphone.

I don't know why the lawyer wants you to change your carrier. If it's Chapter 7 maybe it has something to do those rules?

If you are in a contract for the friend's line I imagine you are stuck with it. Just like I have 3 lines and as long as there are payments on cellphones I am stuck with 3.
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13!

Comment

Originally posted by Carmella View Post
      I am not an expert this is just my experience with Chapter 13.

I had an outstanding balance with Verizon they put that into the Chapter 13. I still had to pay for the phones that had payments on them. I still had to pay for the current cell phone bills. Nothing really changed. I got some weird email or text when I filed, but called and it did not change anything. I was able to get two new phones since we have been in Chapter 13. One was to replace mine and the other was to add a line for my husband who previously had a prepaid cellphone.

I don't know why the lawyer wants you to change your carrier. If it's Chapter 7 maybe it has something to do those rules?

If you are in a contract for the friend's line I imagine you are stuck with it. Just like I have 3 lines and as long as there are payments on cellphones I am stuck with 3.
      i think verizon handles a chapter 7 differently than a 13. with a 13 there still getting there money and with a chapter 7 there getting the shaft. verizon told me if i did put my acct in my chapter 7 i more than likely would be a new customer and would need to pay a deposit so i'll leave that alone. i'm up to dat on that i only have a year on the line anyways then i can cancel it . maybe my lawyer thought i would be including them in my case. i told her i wanted to keep em. then she asked if i was paid up with em i said yes she told me no problem

Comment

got some awsome verizon service yesturday. a rep credited the last 3 months of my smartwatch leaving me owing nothing on it and switched the phone that i owe money that i got screwed on to that line till i can pay it off then she even closed out the other line.. she asked why and i told her why and she told me she hears it all of the time. but anyways kudos to her for that...

Comment

That's great yourfired
          I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13!

Comment

Originally posted by Carmella View Post
            That's great yourfired
            verizon has been awsome during this pandemic not only to me but there customers

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X